Thursday, May 10, 2012

The First Leg of our Journey!

After much preparation, worry, and anticipation, tomorrow morning at 3:30 am Joe and I are starting the first leg of our long journey!  For those of you who don't know, Joe is an avid rock climber, and I enjoy climbing as well.  We are driving to Blacksburg, Virginia to meet our contact, Zach, at Virginia Tech University on the 16th of May.  Along our drive, however, are two world-renowned rock climbing areas--the Red River Gorge in Kentucky and the New River Gorge in West Virginia.  We are stopping at each location for a few days to camp and climb.  As I mentioned before, on Wednesday the 16th, we will arrive in Blacksburg and begin our real preparations for the trip.  We will pack and repack, store our car, move our gear, wash our clothes....its gonna be a busy day for sure!  On the 17th we are driving with Zach to Raleigh, NC, stopping at a lemur reservation along the way.  And then, at 6 am on the 18th, we are flying out of NC to New York, then to Johannesburg, South Africa, and then to Antananarivo, Madagascar!  The next week and a half is going to be a crazy long one, but I am so excited to begin this journey!!
Those of you who I love and miss, know that I love and miss you!! :)  I'll update soon.
~Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment